Multi-Media Account Executive for the Newark Post, $1,000 Guaranteed Commission (3 months) , APG Media of Chesapeake in Newark, DE
The Multimedia Advertising Account Executive carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Meet or exceed sales objectives in sales area of responsibility by promoting strong customer service skill sets and selling multi-media advertising through professional selling techniques, product service, and maintaining a relationship with both short and long-term customers spending 75% of their time in their assigned territories on outside sales.
This MMAE will cover the territory of the Newark Post and will be based out of the Cecil Whig office in Elkton, MD.
The successful candidate must be a flexible, self-starter, attentive to details, diplomatic, able to provide and give direction, and able to multitask. This position will work with different personality types and across a number of publications. Candidates for this position should have strong interpersonal skills and client orientation and exhibit an ability to work effectively with internal and external contacts as a team member as well as a team leader.
• Perform job duties and conduct self in accordance with company core values.
• Initiate and nurture effective, professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Support and achieve individual, and company goals
• Acquire, retain, and up-sell new and existing client base
• Make collection calls
• Attends departmental meetings and company meetings as scheduled
• Maintain daily sales call log submitted to Advertising Manager daily
• Corresponding through email, telephone, and meeting with clients
• Expected to utilize various Social Networking tools for company business
• Learn and sell online products as they are introduced to the company
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of sales experience in the print and multimedia industry.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
The fringe benefits include medical (split between employer and employee), dental and vision options (employee paid). There are three company-sponsored benefits, including short-term disability, long-term disability and a term life insurance policy. The company pays for these six major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day). In addition, employees accrue 3.33 hours of paid leave per pay period in the first year of employment (80 hours) and increasing to 5.0 hours per pay period (120 hours) after their one-year anniversary of employment. The company has the option of making a discretionary match to the 401K retirement plan after year end.