Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette
- TITLE: Retail Store Supervisor
- IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant & Store Manager
- DEPARTMENT: Operations
- EEO#: 4
- DIVISION: All
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- 403b Retirement
GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports the Store Manager in the operation of a Goodwill retail store. Follows specific guidelines and operates with minimal supervision. Acts as Manager in absence of Assistant Store Manager and/or Store Manager.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to GICW’s rules, policies, safety procedures, CARF and Kaizen philosophy.
- Foster and demonstrate a positive team environment.
- Direct the activities of store personnel, ensuring that all sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately and ensure that donated goods are processed in accordance with standards.
- Resolve customer issues in accordance with GICW policies and standards in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Support open door policy in accordance with GICW policy.
- Maintain positive and professional relationship with all employees.
- Attend all mandatory classes in Store Manager Development and Training program and ongoing training classes as offered.
- Ensure the quality and quantity of work performed by employees according to GICW policy.
- Ensure proper adherence by store staff to policies and procedures. Utilize intervention recommended by Human Resources to effectively maintain employee relations.
- Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by all employees.
- Maintain all store records including but not limited to production, financials and human resources in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all interior and exterior areas to ensure ease of operations according to GICW policy.
- Interact with customers, donors and ensures excellent customer service.
- Comply with cash handling and POS procedures.
- Evaluate and react to financial reports in sales and production.
- Responsible for the store operations in the Assistant Manager and/or Store Manager absence.
- Participates in hiring, training and evaluating employees in a thorough, organized and timely manner.
- Responsible for timely intervention, discipline and appropriate documentation for all employees.
- Comply with GICW employment practices and EEO guidelines and policies.
- Keep premises clean and free of safety hazards. Ensure that safety procedures are understood and followed by all staff and store employees.
- Ensure all loss prevention matters are reported, investigated and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper operation of store security including, but not limited to: new and used goods, door locks, alarms, office door, bank deposits, refunds, safe, and incident reports.
- Ensure proper cash handling, enforcement of cash register procedures and submission of required reports.
- Follows proper new goods procedure by correctly processing, securing and inventorying as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Long Term Services (LTS)
The Incidental Functions listed below pertain to retail stores that have participants in the assigned location:
- Assist participants with behavior issues.
- Comply with all CARF standards.
- Prepare and maintain store and LTS records including but not limited to participant payroll, productivity records, case notes, monthly reports and any other reports or documentation requested.
- Provide backup coverage to the Integration Specialist as requested.
- Attend 20 hours of LTS approved continuing education classes each year.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or GED and a minimum of one year’s retail experience.
- Prior profit and loss, sales or cost management accountability.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must successfully complete GICW’s Cashier Certification class.
- Must provide own transportation as required.
- Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonestly, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on the job description. This may include passing a state-mandated, federally-conducted criminal background check.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet GICW quantitative performance standards.
- Production Associates, Cashiers and SDA’s. In retail stores who have participants in the assigned location, may supervise participants in the absence of the Integration Specialists.
- Work is performed in a retail and production setting.
- May be exposed to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving of merchandise.
- Retail store supervisors are subject to transfer to other locations within the GICW system.
- May be exposed to program participants with unpredictable behavior.
- High adaptability required. Work environment usually hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines, and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification: Medium
Click "Apply" to submit your resume today!