The Miami Herald, a McClatchy media company, is the place to work if you are looking for a thrilling, leading-edge work environment where you can grow and develop your professional skills. We are looking for a talented individual to join our Advertising Sales Division, as an Account Executive for our In-Market Sales Team. Our impact is growing every day. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger and we want you to be part of that!
The successful candidate will be responsible to drive growth through new accounts and upsell of existing accounts.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced Account Executive with proven success managing, selling, and executing strategic objectives to exceed local advertising revenue goals. Someone who possesses a strong business development background utilizing a consultative sales approach. You will need to prospect qualified candidates, consult to identify growth opportunities and deliver a compelling marketing strategy with an extensive, first-class digital portfolio.
If you have a proven track record of successful sales, a strong background in helping customers grow their business and experience with or an interest in digital marketing/advertising, then we have an outstanding opportunity for you!
This position is a remote position based in Miami or Southeast FL.
- Experience in selling multi-tactic digital media advertising campaigns
- Work on multiple campaigns simultaneously, and under deadline, while being flexible to the clients’ needs
- Create & sell custom digital advertising strategies
- Collaborate actively and constructively in a team environment
- Ability to pivot quickly without losing speed, focus, or quality
- Excellent track record of providing clients with custom digital solutions and closing business
- Combination of knowledge and experience equivalent to a B.A. or B.S. Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Sales, or related field.
- A true hunter mentality combined with strong prospecting, planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Digital sales experience including mobile platforms, SEO/SEM, Targeted Email, Social and other offerings preferred
- Conduct deep-dive Client Impact Assessments
- Effective presentation skills, having a persuasive and patient, yet compelling and compassionate approach. You’ll be forging strong relationships with customers and must be able to earn their trust.
- Experience with Adpoint or another CRM tool (Daily use required)
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Vehicle insurance is required (at least minimum insurance required for the state in which the employee works).
- This is a full-time position
Our impact is growing every day. 30 growing markets. Over 65 million monthly readers. 56 Pulitzer Prizes. A strong portfolio of dynamic partnerships and smart investments. Our award-winning journalism, digital reach, and commitment to innovative growth have never been stronger.
As a member of the McClatchy family, you are part of a flexible, empowering, and exciting culture dedicated to creating a work/life balance and consistent opportunities for growth—a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future. It’s an exciting time to be here. Our company is experiencing the most transformative period in its history. We’re growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways.
McClatchy strives to be an employer of choice, and our benefits package is made with this goal in mind. With a focus on well-being and daily life, our package options include healthcare coverage for employees and their families, financial protection from expected and unexpected expenses, multiple no-cost wellness resources and even coverage for four-legged friends.
Our overall benefits package also includes a 401(k) with employer match, competitive paid time off and corporate holidays, and a variety of mental health benefits. For more information on McClatchy's benefit plan, please visit McClatchyLivewell.com.