Market Segment Manager
This is an outside sales position which will develop and execute strategic and tactical plans to achieve continued profitable growth in industries that support clean technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute market segment, prospect and account plans that generate profitable growth consistent with current and long-term strategic objectives in the clean technologies segment.
- Manage full account responsibility, including sales, technical support, and new business development for Res’ current electric vehicle customers, Tier 1 customers, and new prospects in the market segment. Approximately 50% of time to be spent on new prospect development.
- Manage gross margin and profitability for market segment.
- Discern key direct & indirect cost drivers on new business and impact on business profitability.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations and quotations that address the customer or prospect's needs and leads to the establishment of new account agreements/contracts.
- Negotiate pricing and other terms of account agreements with clients to ensure maximum revenue and profit development and alignment with Res’ strategic goals.
- Work with Executive Vice President – Sales & Marketing to expand and refine business models as needed to ensure continued success and growth.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field
- Ten years' experience in position with similar responsibilities and in a related technical field
- Proven track record and experience selling to high volume OEM accounts, preferably Automotive Tier 1 and/or Tier 2
- Proven track record in profitable business growth and formation of strategies to achieve business growth
- Component part & assembly print reading skills
- Highly ethical in their interactions
- Ability to persevere when faced with obstacles
- Ability to build and cultivate superior relationships with internal and external contacts
- Detail oriented, organized and self-assured
- Exceptional demonstrated technical skills and the ability to learn and apply knowledge regarding metal stamping
- Strong aptitude for visualizing and conceptualizing future market, prospect, and account needs and trends
- Experience in contract manufacturing