Member Services - Teller
Sunmark is Growing!
We are hiring for our Member Service/Teller team for our new location in Glenmont, located in Moriah Commons at 250 Route 9W, Glenmont, NY 12077. Must be able to train in other capital region branches until Glenmont opens.
Branch hours: Must have flexibility to work Monday-Friday, rotating Saturdays with option for time off during the week. Actual shift may vary based on branch opening/closing/balancing needs.
This position is paid hourly and eligible for bi-weekly and quarterly incentives based on sales referrals.
- Accurately processes transactions daily, including, but not limited to, all types of deposits and withdrawals. Receives loan payments, processes cash advances and transfers, redeems bonds and processes insurance payments. Researches and helps to solve member questions, problems, and complaints either by telephone, correspondence, or in-person.
- Accurately balances member transactions, cash drawers and TCRs daily. Compiles and prepares daily work for the Accounting Department.
- Provides members with information pertaining to services offered by the credit union, including new products and service and either transacts business or creates a referral to the appropriate staff person.
- Cross-sells all credit union services to qualified members whenever possible. Consistently attains established goals on key products as assigned on a monthly basis.
- Provides Wow! service in each interaction with members and staff, promoting and participating in a sales and service culture consistent with the credit union’s mission of exceeding member expectations.
- Performs VIP check scanning processing, ATM replenishing and balancing, as assigned. Helps verify cash shipment under dual control and vault balancing as assigned. Helps with daily activity to prepare for branch balancing, up to and including, VIP check scanning, VISA advance machine balancing, Gift Cards sold report, preparation of all reports required after closing. Performs end of day inspection of all cash drawers & MSR line area, to verify all negotiable items and member information is secured.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent. 6-months cash handling (preferred), retail/sales experience and customer service experience. Prior related credit union/financial experience desirable.
- Aptitude with figures and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others, including exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace.
Sunmark Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.