Manager, Broker Channel
VIVA HEALTH is the first and only Alabama-based plan to be named an overall 5-out-of-5 Star Medicare Advantage Plan. We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) with 100% Company Match, Tuition Reimbursement for employees and dependents, Paid Time Off, Community Service Paid Day Off, Paid Parental Leave, and Continuing Education just to name a few! All of this while improving the quality of healthcare for Alabamians. Come join our team!
VIVA HEALTH, ranked one of the nation's Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare, is seeking a Manager, Broker Channel to join our commitment to caring! The Broker Channel Manager will manage the different Field Maintenance Organizations (FMO), brokers, independent agents (IA) and agencies contracted with VIVA HEALTH and will be a critical team member responsible for making VIVA HEALTH products a leader in the market among these agencies. The Broker Channel Manager will market the Health Plan’s Medicare products to current and prospective FMO’s, independent agents and agencies who sell the VIVA HEALTH Medicare products. This individual will be responsible for the success, engagement and production of our brokers, IA’s and agencies and will work closely with Medicare Sales Management to ensure these agents have a clear line of sight to VIVA HEALTH’S mission and plan for growth. The Broker Channel Manager will execute our broker distribution strategy and recruit, train, and motivate our brokers to help deliver industry-leading results within our service area. This is a remote position and requires occasional on-site work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in outside sales with a proven success record
- 1 year experience with Medicare products and regulations
- 1 year experience in a training, supervisory, or managerial role
- Current State of Alabama Department of Insurance Producer License or eligible for licensing in AL within 90 days of employment
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Will require significant face-to-face broker contact, with duties regularly performed away from the principal place of business
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external partners, driving positive energy through influential leadership
- Willing to submit to vaccine testing and screening
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills; ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with minimal supervision; enthusiasm and patience to educate brokerage firms, brokers, independent agents and agencies with clear and accurate information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure brokers, independent agencies and agents are properly equipped with information, materials and correct information and that feedback is consistently supplied to management
- Ability to self-educate and maintain a thorough knowledge of Medicare marketing requirements of the Health Plan, the State Department of Public Health, the State Department of Insurance, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Ability to work closely and in harmony with all types of people, and motivate them to meet sales goals
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively in a variety of settings with a variety of different types of people
- Ability to call on brokerage management companies, independent agents, brokers and agencies in a professional setting
- Ability to travel overnight statewide to visit our different brokerage management companies, independent agents, brokers and agencies; the job will require 50% travel throughout the state of Alabama and may require some out of state travel on occasion
- 5 years’ experience in outside sales with a proven success record
- 3 years’ experience with Medicare products and regulations
- 3 years’ experience working as a broker, independent agent or agency
To apply, click apply now and follow the instructions.